Thursday, August 25, 2011

Koffee Kubez

The K's and the Z are just a joke. My husband made it up. We had this really great idea (adapted from someone else's great idea) for a coffee shop. You know how when you order an iced coffee they fill the cup almost to the top with ice? So then if you drink it before the ice melts, you get 2 sips and if you don't drink it fast enough, it's all watered down. So I read somewhere (I don't remember where. I'm sorry, stranger, I can't give you credit) that you can freeze extra brewed coffee and put it in your iced coffee so it doesn't water it down. Then we decided that we would have a coffee shop (Koffee Kubez) and we would have cubes of all of our drinks frozen and we would use those instead of frozen water. We're never actually going to open our shop so I'm posting it on the internet. I'm sure in a few years someone else will have come up with it and we'll regret never doing it ourselves. At least I'll know that we had the idea first. 



Directions (I'm sure you can figure it out):


Fill ice cube trays halfway (or all the way) with milk, or half and half, or creamer, or lemonade, or soda, or whatever you want to drink. Freeze about an hour. Pour coffee (room temperature) on top and freeze again. Put your kubes in a glass and pour your drink on top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment