Friday, May 13, 2011

Caramel Nutella Brownies

I'm posting this from my phone. We're on our way to Arizona. Obviously I packed brownies. My husband was really upset at me when I took one out and said I had to take a picture before he could eat it.

Ingredients
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 box German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter
1 (12.25 oz.) jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup (or five) Nutella

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12x9 inch pan. I like to use baking spray with flour in it. Mix evaporated Milken, cake mix, and butter. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. You want it to be firm enough to support caramel and Nutella but not baked all the way. While that's in the oven, be sure to lick the spoon. There's no raw eggs.

2. Remove from oven and pour about half of the caramel topping over the crust. Spoon Nutella on top of caramel. Spread the caramel and Nutella carefully over the top with a spatula until every bite will have an even amount of everything. Press the rest of the cake mix on top of that and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.15 minutes will give you more fudge like brownies. The longer you bake them, the more cake like they are. My mom's recipe says to let them cool and then refrigerate before serving. Don't do that. Pour the rest if the caramel topping on them and eat them as soon as they won't burn your tongue.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment