Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Bowl Cupcakes for Two


I love anything mini. My mother in law sent me this cute little mini set.


Loot at these scissors! I'm a giant!


Obviously I had to make something mini with my new mini things. And I just happen to have mini cupcake pans. How convenient. How convenient that my husband also happens to be in Vegas for the night and I don't have to share. I didn't want 48 mini cupcakes (yes I did) so I found this wonderful little recipe. I also made cream cheese frosting. I don't have an exact recipe but I'll include the "ish" recipe. 

Cupcake Ingredients
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour
heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard sized cupcake pan with 2 liners or a mini sized cupcake pan with 8 liners. You could also just spray the pan with baking spray. Whisk together egg white and sugar until combined. Add vanilla and melted butter. Stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Keep in mind that this is a mini recipe and a mini whisk or spoon is more fun. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 


Cream Cheese Frosting
1 tablespoon softened butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Beat the butter and cream cheese together until well mixed. Add the powdered sugar. Maybe start with 1/3 cup, taste it, and add more if you want it sweeter. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Keep beating and adding powdered sugar until you get your desired flavor and texture. Add food coloring if you want. 




Let your cupcakes cool before frosting. Look at this perfect mini cupcake!




And you only use 2 bowls so you just have this mini mess. 




After dessert, make dinner. Use your mini colander. 


No comments:

Post a Comment