Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Most Unhealthy Mashed Potatoes





This is a combination of the way my mom makes mashed potatoes and the way Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg make mashed potatoes. They're really horrible for you. 


Ingredients:
1 5 lb. bag russet potatoes
approx. 3 cups milk
Water
5 or 6 cloves of garlic
1 stick of butter, cut into several pieces
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste


1. Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. I don't peel them unless the outsides look gross. Put the cut up potatoes into a crock pot and add about 1 cup of milk. Add enough water to just cover them. Add the garlic cloves. Leave alone for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. 


2. Drain the potatoes and put them into a large mixing bowl. Start mashing with a potato masher or an electric mixer. I use my Kitchenaid and I have to start out with just half of the potatoes or it throws them at me. Add the butter and cream cheese and keep mashing. Add milk slowly until your potatoes are the consistency you like them. Add salt and pepper and you're done. 

1 comment: