Friday, March 4, 2011

Frozen Burritos


Remember black bean salsa? And the best pot roast? Just wrap those up in a tortilla with some cheese and rice and you have a delicious burrito. You can put whatever you want in them. They're perfect to pack for lunches. 



When I assemble, I like to keep everything in a nice line going down the middle of the tortilla so it's easier to wrap. 






I learned how to fold burritos from my good friend Adam Heinrichsen. Here's what you do. First, fold in the sides that are at the ends of your line. 



Hold those ends down and fold one of the remaining sides over.



Wrap it up tightly and tuck it under as you go.



Keep wrapping it until it's a burrito!



Place all your burritos in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put them in the freezer until they are completely frozen. I'm not really sure how long it takes. I left mine in for about 3 hours to be on the safe side. Once they're frozen, take them out and wrap them individually in foil or plastic wrap. I made half of them vegetarian. If you make any different flavors, be sure to label them. Put them back in the freezer and when you want to eat one, unwrap it and heat it in the microwave at 70% power for about a minute and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment