Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mini Lemon Cheesecakes


Here's another one from 1,001 cupcakes, cookies, and other tempting treats. The recipe says it makes 12 cupcakes. I had extra so I also filled up a a ramekin. Also, you know when you're not quite asleep and not quite awake and you're dreaming? The other morning I was like that. I was dreaming of my grocery list. When I went to the grocery store later that day, I thought of the list I dreamed and bought those things. It was pretty accurate and I ended up with all the ingredients to make these. 





Ingredients:
4 1/2 tablespoons butter
4 1/2 oz. graham cracker crumbs (3 graham crackers, crushed)
1/2 cup superfine sugar (I used regular granulated, it worked fine)
1 1/4 cups soft cream cheese (I heated mine to soften it)
2 large eggs
finely grated rind of 1 large lemon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 small lemons, sliced, for decorating (optional)


Preheat the oven to 325. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners. Place the butter in a saucepan and heat gently until melted. Remove from heat, then add the crushed graham crackers and 1 tablespoon of the sugar and mix well. Divide the cracker mixture among the paper liners and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge.


Meanwhile, place the remaining sugar, cream cheese, and eggs in a large bowl and beat together until smooth. Add the lemon rind and juice, and the sour cream and beat together until combined. Add the flour and beat well. Spoon the batter into the paper liners. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set but not browned. Let them cool for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 


When the cupcakes are cold, chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Decorate each cupcake with a twisted lemon slice. (Or don't and just eat them.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment