Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stuffed Artichokes

I haven't blogged in a long time, I know. I was sick and in the emergency room and it was really hard to get back into a routine after doing nothing but sleeping for 7 days straight. Here's some delicious artichokes for you!



It was really hard to make these look nice. They have a lot more flavor than just regular steamed artichokes. I also made them in my new favorite kitchen appliance. 


Ingredients
2 large artichokes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup water


1. Cut the stems off the artichokes so they'll stand on their own. Cut the tops off of the artichoke leaves. You can just use scissors for this. In a small bowl, mix together all other ingredients except water until everything is equally moist. Spread the artichoke leaves apart and stuff the bread crumb mixture between each leaf. Get it down as far as you can so it's on the part that you eat. 


2. Set the artichokes in your crock pot and add the water to the bottom. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or until leaves are tender. I served them with melted butter for dipping but they didn't really need it. I also served them with sautéed tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment