Friday, April 22, 2011

One Ingredient Ice Cream


Did you know you can make ice cream from bananas? And nothing else??? Well, you can. I'm so excited about this. I couldn't even wait until I got home to post. I froze some bananas yesterday and I forgot about them until I was at my sister's house and saw her bananas. I've actually seen this a lot and I just now got around to doing it. 

All you need to do is cut a banana or 5 into small pieces and freeze them for an hour or 2. Put them in a food processor or use a mixer and mix them until you have a nice ice cream consistency. It tastes like bananas but it's not overwhelming. I also added about a tablespoon of honey and a handful of chocolate chips. Let me know what other add-ins you think of! 

A few updates:
1. It's not as good if you freeze it and eat it later
2. Add Nutella!

No comments:

Post a Comment