Thursday, February 24, 2011

Black Bean Pie






This didn't turn out as pretty as I had hoped. My mother in law taught me how to flute the edges of pie crust but I wasn't nearly as good as she was so I didn't really bother. Sorry Laurie! I adapted this from Sing for your supper.


Ingredients
2 9 inch pie crusts
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup salsa
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 flour tortillas
1/2 cup sour cream


Preheat oven to 350. Press one of the pie crusts into the bottom of a pie pan. Mix the beans, salsa, and corn together. Spread 1/3 of the mixture onto the pie crust. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese and cilantro on top. Place one of the tortillas on top and press down so that it's flat. Spread half the sour cream on top of the tortilla. Repeat the layers ending with cheese and cilantro. Put the second pie crust on top and seal the edges. Cut a few slits in the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment